Friday, May 12, 2023

FRIDAY FELINES

Lena likes to pose for me
 when I am trying to take photos of a project!  
The new baby hat is pretty, too! lol  It is really for a one year old so my doll is a bit small but you get the idea. 
DK Yarn from Hobby Lobby.
I had an idea for the next Diamond Dotz porject--I mounted it to the canvas board before I started it this time!  It was easier to use the brayer and get it to seal without the dotz on the canvas! I trimed the corners this time to reduce bulk-much better.
Once the front was glued (Elmer's) to the front of the board, I glued the back and held it under weights (a pile of books)
 for several hours.
And now I can do the dotz without a table-it is it's own table!!!!   I could do it  on my lap while watching tv even!  My only irritation--the size of the Diamond Dotz lists it as 30 x 40 cm only it isn't!  I am glad I didn't just cut the board without measuring myself to be sure!  I am very pleased with this new idea!
 

4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! The Mister still can't sit at a table but he can sit upright in his chair. I wonder if this might work for him. He's sooooo bored. I've got some foam core board around here somewhere.....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Car! I like that idea for your diamond dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you’ve found an ideal solution.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...