Sunday, May 7, 2023

SECOND DAY ABOUT HOME!

I stopped knitting this sweater when we got home from Washington but pulled it out and finished it over the last few days!  It is laid out for blocking
 (it's wet-there is no stain on the front!) 
and I will be wearing it soon since it is cotton! 
Against all odds lately with me and sweater knitting not having a high success rate*, this one fits beautifully!
I have the last coat of shellac on the large Hickory bowl and  Monday I will be turning it around on the lathe to hollow out the inside!  Always a good turning point! 
*speaking of a low success rate, this sweater from a different pattern in a solid worsted weight yarn looks horrid where the increases are on the yoke.  I am in the process of ripping it out.  I am not sure what I am going to do with it.  I do prefer my sweaters knit form sock yarn or DK weight not worsted.

I will start a new pair of socks on the car ride today because we are on heading up to see our grand daughter's baptizism at her church in Fernandina Beach! 

 A road trip!

3 comments:

  1. Great finish on the sweater!
    That type of increasing on the yoked sweater seems to be very popular right now. I've seen many knit vloggers showing off sweaters that use that technique. It's hard for me to wrap my head around it as a design feature but I guess that's my age showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When and where were you in Washington?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the finished sweater looks fabulous!
    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...