Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A DEEP CLEAN

I thoroughly enjoyed a day of play and fun all day.  These are the first Rain Lilies to open!  If we get a good rain, there are many other areas of deep red that will bloom, too.
In betweent the major cleaning jobs, I played with the bowl on the lathe.  
I had some more CA glue work to do--you can bet I was geared up!  Most of the pithy wood was turned away so the bowl was all solid wood inside!
I worked the outside edge first and then hollowed out the center which is left to help keep the spinning bowl (500rpms) balanced.
  It worked well and I was excited to see the bowl emerge!
I did have some cracks along the edge that needed a bit of filler again.  I let it harden overnight and will do some sanding today.  I hope to get the first layer of finish on it even!
I ended the day with a major clean-up of the floor!  There are a lot of wood chips when turning a large bowl!  The hickory is very dense but yields beautiful work!  
 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain lilies are gorgeous. Pretty bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fascinating process! That floor is a work of art in itself. You gotta love a craft that makes that big of a mess...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have fun and interesting hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! That is going to be a beautiful bowl. Love those lilies and wonder it they'd grow here since we have plenty of rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...