Saturday, May 20, 2023

A TALE OF TWO CREATIONS!

Remember a month ago I ordered some alcohol inks and some clear school glue? 
 Well, yesterday I pulled it out and started my idea!
I had already used the Gallery Glass  liquid lead to make the outlines of the picture underneath the glass of the pictureless frame.
See the paper pattern underneath?  This serves as guidelines and color assistance.
Not to self-put a tissue over the ink bottle when you poke a pin into the tip to open it!  Well, the poking went fine, it was the pulling out of the pin that gave a bit of a volcano and permantently stained these two fingernails. 
 I am NOT a green fingernail polish kinda girl! lol
But, I learned how to open the bottles and was able to complet the 11" x 14" picture frame! I changed the colors a bit to reflect our State Flower-orange blossom and our State Bird-the Mockingbird!
I removed the old handles from the quilting machine .
But Bill ran out of steam by the time the mail finally arrived with the new handles! It requires some tricky re-wiring which is above my skill-set!  Sigh.

It didn't stop me from cutting out some more Churn Dashes and I pieced 6 of them, too!  I am going to use sashing between the blocks on this one-but I will have to wait for the final layout to pick which color!  I can't say how much I have enjoyed being home 5 days in a row!  I do have to go out today for half a day but will return to piece some more blocks later, I hope!

3 comments:

  1. The "stained glass" is beautiful. Thankfully, the stained nails will grow out (or wear off). You know, some people pay big bucks to get that prism nails look. 💅

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stained glass is so pretty. You amaze me with all of the ways you create. Those quilt blocks are so varied and interesting. It will be a great quilt when you're done with it. Your nails are interesting. Good thing it's a popular look. And it was free! :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! It really does look like stained glass. Those fingers would be perfect for Halloween....lol.
    That churn quilt just keeps getting better. It's a beautiful combination of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...