Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Down for the Count

But not out entirely!  What a few days can do to a person! 

First off, I have had it with being a sock designer-this urge to put butterflies on a pair of socks for Abigail is a complete failure.  I have ripped out and redone too many times to feel the love for this idea any more!  I am going to pick a pretty lace pattern for the top and admit defeat.  To top it off, while knitting it for the umpteenth time at the doctor appt on mon morn, I got a chatty lady next to me which totally blew the concentration level.  I put it away and chatted.  When I pulled the sock out when I was in the exam room waiting for dr to show up, I realized that when I had stuffed the sock back in  my purse, I had gotten ink from my pen on the yarn-a quick wash at their sink only made it worse.  Are you sensing my angst over this sock?!!  To top it off, I passed out while the dr was removing several moles (12!) and couldn't pull myself together so they had to call Bill and get him to take me home.  Where I took another 4 hours to get upright again.  Just a glitch in the whole realm of things but sure did put the schedule out of kilter.  I had gone to the dr for a UTI and a flu shot but got a bonus, you think?!

Yesterday, I took my friend and neighbor to the hospital for outpatient surgery-she wakes right up after anesthesia-I have to admit, I am amazed at her fortitude.  I fail miserably at the revival mode after surgery!  After 2 hours of knitting on the above sock-I ripped it out for the last time.  I am finished with it.

Played catch up at home in the afternoon, laundry, and cleaned up spots were necessary for my sons and Kristen's visit tonight-I am just a flurry of activity today so I can enjoy their company when they arrive!
In between baking today, I am trying to put together a 'boot' so that a friend can slip it over his surgical boot after his foot surgery today.  I have done this for Bill in the past so I think I can do this pretty quickly today.  I am feeling like I belong to the world of the living so it is a good beginning to the day!

We got this in the mail-popcorn that Bill orders online.  What a way to celebrate tonight after church .  (You just can't go back to Redenbackers after this! )

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're up and at 'em again...we do adventures well, don't we?!

    Rip out the sock and have fun throwing the yarn across the room -- some things just aren't worth the stress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the medical and sock trauma!! Glad that you're mostly over both of them.

    That popcorn looks fantastic. I love popcorn. Might have to order some myself!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...