One of the fun things about being out of town for a week is the fun of a large mail haul.
I unloaded the Amazon book order which is part of the Christmas shopping and I got sidetracked with this 'present' for me.
Shamelessly I enjoyed an hour of being sure this book was a keeper........it is. I love the way it has color pictures of the same weave in different color combinations-all one color warp, two color warp, change the weft just a little and voila-all new results! This has begrudgingly gone into the pile of gifts and I will not look at it until ......Dec 25, I think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CRACKLED VARIATION
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...



Very naughty!
ReplyDeleteYou will love that book! I use it in my workshops to help students come up with a simple design that isn't as boring as 2/2 twill or tabby. And I have drooled over it many times, and have Post-Its marking pages of patterns I want to try.
ReplyDeleteReally you put it away until Christmas Day!!! You are a better woman than I would be, they could get it out of my hands.
ReplyDeleteThat's one of my favorite books. I actually take it on the bus and put little Post-It's on the pages with a pattern I want to try. (And, that's just about on every page!)
ReplyDeleteYou're very wicked, Janette's daughter!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYour mail after vacation is much more interesting than mine!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that book - and didn't realize it was in color. That's cool!
Sue
For a weaver it looks as good as Barbara Walker's guides for knitters!
ReplyDelete