Friday, November 20, 2009

Various Pursuits


We see this gopher turtle  in the back yard occasionally; I managed to capture the visit this time!

As long as I was out, this caught my attention, the plant is full of banana peppers.


And talk about full, the tangerine burden is heavy this year!  I am so glad-there was not a one last year.  I do not know if you are supposed to cull fruit off the tree-most of the fauna has been on its own around here for several years and did okay so I hesitate to interfere.  Maybe I will remove stunted fruit from half the tree and see how it compares to the other half.

I have worked on the sock for Abigail but I didn't enjoy the pattern-too much purling;

so I inverted the pattern on the back for an experiment.  Unfortunately, I will have to make another for a pair of socks so while I put it off.....

I answered the siren call of lace knitting!  Isn't it growing nicely?  It will block out to 32" right now and it is just less than half way done.  It is a great knit; no problems yet.

My neighbor, Millie, brought me another top to quilt.  She has been a busy piecer!  I have it all loaded and immediately saw what I wanted to do on it for designs-no block this time!  (You would love this all in blues, Mom!)

Here is a peek of the center section, a simple design that matches the butterfly fabric on the backing.

(Millie and I are  going to a new fabric store opening this morning-will post about it later!)

6 comments:

  1. I really like the pattern in your lace knitting!! Leafy!

    The things outside your house continue to amaze me. Turtles. Tangerines. Banana peppers. Too cool!

    Have fun at the fabric store!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can pickle them peppers! LOL.. I love the tangerine tree what a sight bent over that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lace pattern is absolutely beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmm on the tangerines! Do you do something with them?? I would bet that turtle would be happy with tangerines and peppers to eat.
    Pretty lace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty 'nature' shots...Abigail's socks are pretty, too...and the shawl is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lace is absolutely stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...