Lace knitting.........the call of the delicate and beautiful. Another one on the needles! I can thank my friendly YahooGroup for the temptation (Triggy is the name of the pattern.). I am using lace weight, spiderweb yarn, size 6 needles. The pattern is untested so it is fun to see how it goes. There are others knitting this, too, so hopefully the way will be clear for knitting! This is about the size of a dinner plate now-not bad for two evenings of knitting. The yarn is a souvenoir from the recent trip to her LYS.
I finished the quilt for my friend-this was a large, heavily quilted project. The quilt was the largest my frame will hold-110 x 110" so it was quite a palette for quilting. This is the back-free motion leaves and swirls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CRACKLED VARIATION
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...


Wow, you didn't waste any time getting that yarn onto the needles! The shawl is lovely already.
ReplyDeleteHooray for the quilting project done -- the quilting is very pretty.
I like how the lace knitting and the back of the quilt look together!
ReplyDeleteGood job on both! I'm inspired by your productivity!!
Sue
OOooooo, that lace is lovely. Isn't it amazing how the number of stitches grows when you are doing a circular shawl? Each row gets slower and slooooower.
ReplyDeleteOoo! the lace looks so delicate - please stop tempting me; I have baby things to knit!!
ReplyDeleteLace knitting?? Is there anything you can't do?? :D That is a big quilt! Cool quilting.
ReplyDelete