Friday, November 6, 2009

Siren Call


Lace knitting.........the call of the delicate and beautiful.  Another one on the needles!  I can thank my friendly YahooGroup for the temptation (Triggy is the name of the pattern.).  I am using lace weight, spiderweb yarn, size 6 needles.  The pattern is untested so it is fun to see how it goes.  There are others knitting this, too, so hopefully the way will be clear for knitting! This is about the size of a dinner plate now-not bad for two evenings of knitting.  The yarn is a souvenoir from the recent trip to her LYS.

I finished the quilt for my friend-this was a large, heavily quilted project.  The quilt was the largest my frame will hold-110 x 110"  so it was quite a palette for quilting.  This is the back-free motion leaves and swirls.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you didn't waste any time getting that yarn onto the needles! The shawl is lovely already.

    Hooray for the quilting project done -- the quilting is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the lace knitting and the back of the quilt look together!

    Good job on both! I'm inspired by your productivity!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooooo, that lace is lovely. Isn't it amazing how the number of stitches grows when you are doing a circular shawl? Each row gets slower and slooooower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! the lace looks so delicate - please stop tempting me; I have baby things to knit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lace knitting?? Is there anything you can't do?? :D That is a big quilt! Cool quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...