Thursday, November 26, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Day


The guys worked on cars while the ladies got the meal ready for the  table.



After dinner the ladies did some yarn work and then we worked on a felting project.  (Traditionally, the ladies make an ornament for Christmas so I kept the tradition today!) 

When the guys finished napping watching football, they went out to sight their rifles.  While out back, they shot a squirrel and brought Nyki the tail.  I wasn't so thrilled, but she has been totally beserk with it!

A  rousing game of ping pong was enjoyed in Bill's newly cleaned garage!

We are off now to play a domino game of Spinners-a good time was had by all!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - you guys have an active Thanksgiving!

    Our celebration involves food, a walk, more food, much talking.

    No crafts - although the beachy scarf I made with my nieces this summer was much loved by my mother-in-law. That's pretty cool!

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice day of family!

    I love the wild look on Nyki's face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy, HAPPY Thanksgiving!!!

    I'd pass out having 12 moles removed, too. In fact, one might do me in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fitting you already happened to have your Christmas Tree plates out! :)

    I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and I'd be thrilled if someone here was to bring a squirrel tale in because that would mean there was one less to make a hole for my graceful self to fall into it!

    Love the ornaments, wonderful tradition... at this point in my house 'the ladies' is just me. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice family time. I like your ornament tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...