Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A New Month and a Clean Slate


I did a little shopping at my new local fabric shop!  (I had gone to get a zipper and some quilt backing and ended up having a grand time!)

I loaded a new quilt on the frame-more on this one later.

I have been spending a bit of time in the sewing room.  I have ignored my first love of garment sewing for  ages.  It has gone well......

A mantle scarf is coming forth.......
                                             
I finished the cursed pair of butterfly socks! ....well, finished knitting them; I will hit the dye pot today as I have quite a waiting list for color.  (See the ink stain......hoping to reduce that with  some spot remover before the dyepot.)

Bill has added the fireplace header!  We had the usual husband/wife language barrier for adding a fireplace to this room.  It has been remedied at a structural level and tomorrow we go to the fireplace store to do some visuals! 

A very great start to a new month!

4 comments:

  1. Seeing the patterns reminds me of my mom. She was a pattern maker for a factory in NJ when I was a kid, but she loved to buy Simplicity patterns for us kids. She would have me sit and cut out the patterns it seems like it took hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, on all counts! You and Dad are both turning out good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cool stuff going on with you!

    I love the fabric and the patterns in the first photo. Curious to see what will come of it all!

    Good luck with the fireplace thing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quilt with satin??? I can't wait to see that quilted. Ohhhh a fireplace! I'm thinking that would be put to better use in north Idaho, than in FL. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...