Friday, December 4, 2009

Rainy Day Do's


We are still getting lots of banana peppers so we tried to make a new treat; we made a filling of cream cheese and mozerella, onions.  Baked at 400 for 25 mins and it was just too wonderful!  I think we will pick a bunch to bring up to Marsel's at Christmas to share the delight!

We started to put up our Christmas tree; Nyki went beserk!  This is her first Christmas and she didn't know what to do first.  Bling remembered, you sleep under the tree.  Nyki climbed it, tried to bite the lights and suck up a strand of tinsel.  Just like having a toddler again! 

Bill went to a high school football game tonight and I opted to stay home, warm and dry instead.  I was sitting with Bling on my lap and spinning my wool when the power went out.  Do you realize how dark it is when the lights go out at night?!  Good thing I had my cell phone next to me on the couch because I used it as a flashlight to go and dig out the hurricane lamp!  I got the storm radio out and sat in the dim light and enjoyed the beat of the rain on the roof (just over 2").  It wasn't out too long (1/2 hour) but it was an interesting interlude for my evening.

I did manage to finish two skeins of the Targhee; it is so soft, reminds me of minkee fabric , if you have ever had the privilege of feeling that.  I hope there is enough to knit a pair of something!

6 comments:

  1. unfortunately I had to cycle to town, got soaked badly of course. but now I am home in the warmth and have been ogling my wheel for the last two hours:)) the yarn looks yummeh - and the peppers too!
    power outages can be quite fun, if they come at the right moment - but here they usually don't:)) or they last so long, that the freezer contents are in danger....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!!!! ...bring some to make with us -- they sound wonderful!

    Love the picture of the cats, so cute.

    The yarn sounds beautiful! And your oil lamp evening looks attractively old-fashioned...another way to 'connect' with the women of old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from losing power, wasn't it rather interesting spinning by the light of an oil lamp with the cats nearby, and listening to the rain? Like going a few hundred years back in time - except you were warm and clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two skeins are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The oil, the lamp and spinning sounds like a Norman Rockwell painting in the making! Love the peppers I'm going to have to try that and the yarn is just beautiful I love the colors reminds me of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Those are some very pretty, PRETTY skeins of yarn! I saw them and thought, 'hmmmmm... Those colors look familiar!' Then read down to the previous entry to see where they came from....lol

    I can barely wait to see what you do with the Monet's Muse colorway:) I just finished a skein of it using pencil roving and really like how it turned out:)

    I'm still jealous over your peppers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...