Friday, August 17, 2018

It Takes Time

My bottle brush tree languished for a few years.  
It didn't like where we planted it after it outgrew its pot in the pool area.
Half of the branches had to be trimmed off and it didn't look good-
we wondered  if we should even try to replant.
Last year we moved it to the hedge just to the south end of our porch;
it has been sheltered from the frosts of our winter 
and hidden from the intense afternoon sun
as it grows and recovers under the podocarpus  trees.
The amazing amount of rainfall we have had in the last year
 certainly played a big part in the tree regaining its bloom.
The butterflies pay homage to this magnificent blossom;
I will try to photo one when landed on this 6" beauty!

I hope we all find our perfect spot where we will bloom to our fullest!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad it found its happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That really is a spectacular bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tenacity and patience usually produce glorious results. The tree appears to be very happy with its new location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bottle brush plant is so beautiful!!!!! Isn't it great when the spot is right for the plant and it flourishes! ? I am afraid my teeny tiny trees are not going to make it. They look very burnt.....Im still hopeful. I've changed their location 3 times now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat!
    I wonder if that's related to the Japanese Bottle Brush plant I was thinking of getting for my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...