Saturday, August 11, 2018

Pieces Make a Whole!

The simple charm pack is pieced and waiting for a backing! 
 I made another newborn hat and when I removed it, 
I saw that I had made the brim flat instead of doubled-sure enough, 
I had forgotten to set the right button for that part!
I did a bit of hand stitching to join the cast on edge to the top of the pink and all was right again! 
Seamed up and with a pom pom, I have a completed had 
with a pattern that won't need tweaking!
I used the sport weight yarn from Hobby Lobby,
Sweet Baby Bee which is a nice soft yarn 
BUT
it tangles from the skein and while trying to cake it up!

9 comments:

  1. Great hat save. Thanks for the honestly about the naughty yarn that tangles on itself That drives me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and grey look so cute together.

    I had a naughty tangled skein last night too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt looks like fall. So pretty. I wish it felt like fall around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The charm colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt top looks lovely and the colors have me dreaming of fall! Smart thinking on the baby hat. It looks sweet. Really enjoying watching your progress on the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the earthy colours of the quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a knitting machine to keep up with my 52 hats challenge! LOL Another cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute hat - your "model" is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...