Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Ahhh, Color Again!

 
 I played with a pile of Merino mini-rovings sampler pack I have had for years;
I carded them to make some colorful batts that will be spun over the next few months.
I dug out this charm pack and put them up on the design wall-
this is not the final arrangement;  I just put them up in a quick dark and light pattern.
I will keep arranging this for the next few days before I sew it together for a top.
I laughed at myself when I made this dishcloth on the knitting machine;
when I teach others to quilt or knit, 
I always say start easy and build your skills with one success after another as you progress.
I should've taken my own advice and made this first!
  I knit the center and then picked up stitches around the center 
and worked the garter stitches outwardly.  
I will play more tomorrow;  I think I will make a towel to match with this yarn,
 Cotlin from KnitPicks.

9 comments:

  1. Those roving colors are like jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW THOSE BATTS! I just want to curl up in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those batts will make such a lovely yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your carded colors are just lovely to look upon!
    I am enjoying the knitting machine information .I bet there is a whole bunch of bloggers who only machine knit. Are there?
    DONT LEAVE US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love charm packs for a quick, pretty top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, are you going to spin the batts in any particular order? They look like such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture is delicious enough to eat...such a gorgeous array of colors! There are a lot of fun texture-differences in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...