Friday, August 31, 2018

Connected!

 We were more than 24 hours without internet or ph service-when we tried to connect, a message comes on the screen to contact your service provider! 
 Sure, do you read smoke signals?!
There is construction going on a few miles from here where they are making a new bridge-
we figured someone had to move the wires. 
 Inconvenient but not the end of the world, right?!
I tried to make a hat without the gathers at the top;  
I did it but it was not an enjoyable experience!
 It looks cute enough but I still put a pom pom on top 
and so it didn't make enough difference to 
go through the extra work!
 I made two new grey hats...pom poms to follow!
 I've also been sewing the quilt blocks together for the Starry Splendor quilt!
 And I started spinning my way through the colorful Merino batts.
 Bill and Ethan did a bit of mowing yesterday;
Ethan didn't want to stop! 
 Like most little boys, grandpa's machinery is a lot more interesting than the sandbox!
Bill has another surgery on his foot today;  I think this is the 8 or 9th.
He worked to finish up quite a few projects since he will be down for a bit.  
This is my long awaited flower bed outside the pool area!
He has seeded the bank outside the flower bed with grass seed 
and with the rain we are still getting, it should be filled in very soon!
I can't wait to fill this in!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to Bill on his surgery. Hope the surgery goes well and he heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your man in my thoughts today! Hoping for a great healing recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Bill's surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facing another surgery must be a test of patience for Bill. I pray that his surgery and recovery are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starry Splendor is going to be lovely!
    Sending lots of good thoughts for Bill's surgery today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the starry splendor block, and those knitted hats are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...