Saturday, September 1, 2018

Antsy for Fall

 I woke up *early and celebrated turning the calendar to  September
 by casting on the Autumn colored yarn I dyed back in June!
I am knitting a pair of socks in this pattern from KnitPicks which is appropriate
well, except they had written it for last October and I am knitting it for September but let's not get hung up on the minor details! 
I have still found my favorite row counter to be these-the ones on the right!   
 Dark chocolate, no less!
(IOU a better pic soon of the sock because this post massacres the color horribly!)

*early as in midnight--a bad dream awakened me after several hours sleep which then made it difficult to get back to sleep because my body thought it was only a nap.
Hence the poor lighting for a picture, etc.)

Bill's surgery went fine and he is doing well, thank you for all the well wishes and good thoughts!

9 comments:

  1. nice colours - and a very nice yarn bowl! though I have to admit that I am rather partial to the special row counters as well:)I blame my mother, who gave me one for each row of crochet as a kid, when I had to do endless rounds of them to finish my cat/school project:)
    good luck to Bill and speedy healing!
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy September!!!
    Too bad it's still hot as blazes but I'm still celebrating by popping open my pumpkin spice coffee creamer this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy September! Well, it is spring down under here... but still feels like winter :) Love your yarn and your yarn bowl! Glad Bill's surgery went well... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's often best to get up when tossing and turning and sleep refuses to come. Your early morning knitting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you couldn't sleep well last night, but it looks like you put your time to good use.

    The sock yarn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nightmares are awful. Im glad the patient is doing well!!! I dreamt of my sweet departed DOG Huck last night.....so good to see him

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn reminds me of apples on the tree - perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the surgery went well. Sounds like he really hustled to get things done beforehand.
    I love the name of the sock pattern. Perfect for Labor Day weekend.
    I hate waking up at midnight. Your body and mind just don't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...