Sunday, September 16, 2018

Slow and Steamy

I finished the bias scarf cowl today,
this one is knit with hand spun and dyed silk hankies.
I stood to cut out 12 more blocks for the latest quilt and sewed only one.
I made a swatch to make a kid's sweater on the knitting machine kids and did little else but rest.
I don't do well in the heat/humidity and it was hard to have the house
 which is usually my refuge, be a sauna, too.
It will be nice to knit in the car and attend church today!
(The repairman can't come until Tuesday and
worse, we will need a whole new compressor and air handler--
let me say, that is a lot of yarn and fabric!)

9 comments:

  1. Now I am even more amazed you had wool socks on in your photo yesterday! Hope the temps cool a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never dawned on me how much money we save by not having AC. However, with the warming climate, I am wondering if we'll have trouble selling the house without AC. The summers here are definitely hotter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. We went a week in the heat without electricity during Irene and it was MISERABLE. That feeling when your house is as hot as it is outside is just the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the things you've knit recently. Sorry to hear about your AC issues. I hope they're resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH .........the upside is ... your new unit will probably run very efficiently and SAVE you money. Eventually you'll have MORE yarn money.

    (Is that making lemonade from lemons????? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cowl is beautiful, bless your heart for having no AC in this heat. I bet Tuesday can't come fast enough. Try to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there's always something, isn't it? we have problems with the gas hose (no cooker:( bar one electric plate and the microwave...) - but at least we don't need AC over here in our climate! I hope you get it fixed soon - I'd probably melt in your humidity and temps:( take it easy in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...