Thursday, September 13, 2018

Open Weave Bias Scarf

 This one took a bit longer because of the open weave areas.
I worked simple k2tog and yo's to balance the count but these are worked by hand.
 The scarf ended up 7" x 52' like the other.
This one is also made of silk and has a super soft yet weighty hand-just right.
 I lay the two bound off/cast on ends next to each other to work a kind of grafting stitch over the edges.  It works easiest pinned to the sleeve roll.
 I had just began work while catching up on the Fruity Knitting Podcast when I was interrupted by...
 this sweet guy.  He butted against my hand a few times and then looked disinterested until=
he made his move!
Pins, thread and my hand were all fair game!
I did manage to finish the seam eventually and steam block it!

9 comments:

  1. cats:) I tried to write my shopping list this morning, but pringles insisted he had to sit either on my paper - or my hand! best place to start chewing the biro:(
    and the scarf has turned out well... I remember making lace patterns on my mother's machine - one row always took longer than the rest of the plain knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, your knitting inspector is thorough. Love the idea of using a sleeve roll for aligning the ends for grafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about cats and pins? I can't leave my pin cushion anywhere without the kitties finding it and pulling all the pins out. Lovely scarf. The drape is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was just trying to help! Lovely cowl and can't wait to see the sweater progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IM rethinking my spinning career. The cats would interfere Im sure......

    ReplyDelete
  6. An orange kitty! I love orange cats. They always have great personalities. Ours like to attack knitting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. A very UNhelpful helper.

    He's just so handsome though. You can't stay mad at him for long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely scarf!

    And how could you say no to a lovely Ginger?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...