Monday, September 17, 2018

A Front

 In a very brief moment, I was able to whip off this front to a boy sweater!
This colorway will be for Ethan;  I thought to start with the smaller size.
It went smoothly and made an interesting design of pooling in the center of the front.
(the dark green yarn  is merely waste yarn so I can pick up live stitches easily in future steps)
While looking for something in a shed (Bill has many) he ran across a bucket of old bottles uncovered when digging the foundation for the studio and garage ten years ago!  He had forgotten where he put them but discovered them while looking for some other tool!
The two brown bottles in the foreground still have the glass droppers in the bottle.
Only a few are really old but there is an old whiskey bottle and medicine bottles here-
they have been buried at least 50 years!

I took Will  to the doctor's this morning since he developed E's strep over the weekend!
Not a lot of other went on today;  between the heat and droopy boys, it is a relief to see a day end.

6 comments:

  1. My mother loved to collect old bottles she found washed up in the Bay. Those are some beauties you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool those bottles are! I would love to collect bottles, but then I realize they are just another item to dust!! I love how variegated pool sometimes, and then sometimes not! Fickle, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pooling on that sweater front is really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottles are really interesting. I love the brown ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in the sweater... and the collection of bottles is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bottles are great! My mom used to put old bottles on the window sills. I had forgotten about that, so thanks for jogging that memory. Love the sweater front.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...