Sunday, September 9, 2018

Saturday's Marathon

 This bias scarf cowl has a totally different feel from the silk-
it is very light but still soft and nice against my neck.
 The yarn ( more like size 10 crochet cotton size) has slubs of different colors
 that makes it interesting.
 I whipped off a new infant hat.  The grey yarn is now used up! 
 I tackled the no-sew footstool recovering;
 two dozen staples later and it was finished! 
It's a nice match to the rug and furniture, isn't it!?
Too bad I have to order more to cover the second footstool!
 The four-patch lap quilt went on and off the frame in no time at all!
I used a new pantograph that meanders like water but has large shells as part of the design.
 And I had to push myself a bit to get the backing pieced and this one loaded on the frame but I did it!
I didn't get to start any quilting because I don't know what I am going to do with it yet!
 I began to use this silk for another bias scarf cowl-true to the original shawl, I am working out some different rows of the mesh sections!  I am getting the hang of that and it is a good way to practice!


The pajamas will have to wait for another day!  I ran out of steam!
I remember how I used to fill a day with this kind of work!

9 comments:

  1. Whoa, I am exhausted reading of your capers! The cowl is gorgeous in its simplicity! The hat is cute!! The quilts will be wonderful, can't wait to see how you quilt the stars. Hope you had time to rest and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you did get a lot done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got an amazing amount done, you put me to shame as I can't seem to get anything done at all! Hugs those boys for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were a whirlwind of activity with amazing results. The mesh cowl on the knitting machine looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cowl is gorgeous. Love the shiny slubs. It goes perfectly with your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you can do the cowl on a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite an array of colors and textures and genres!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...