Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Silky Bias Scarf Cowl

The Bias Scarf is off the knitting machine and ready to wear!
It blocked out at 7' wide and 50' long.  It is so light and drapes so beautifully;
I wish you could feel it!  This is 100% silk, sport weight yarn
(but it looks like fingering weight to me)
from the Darn Good Yarn Co.
You can see the texture of the stitches with an interesting slub every once in a while.  
I grafted the ends together to make it a cowl without adding a twist.
 This will make a very pretty accessory.
 I will want to repeat this pattern with different yarns!

(40 stitches wide on a mid-gauge knitting machine
200 rows long
increase one stitch on one side while decreasing one stitch on the other,
knit one row even)

7 comments:

  1. nice summery colours! I like silk cowls and scarves, because they warm without getting too hot! which reminds me of the big bag of silk noil that I still have to card and spin up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - nothing drapes and feels like silk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did that on the machine! My first reaction was "wait, I don't remember seeing this cowl!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. And I love that it is all in silk. I love wool, but I tend to itch easily. Silk is so nice against the skin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...