Saturday, September 15, 2018

Fall is Just a Thought!

Right off the needles!  I have a pair of socks!
(they look very coral here-it is the reflection from the coral walls of my bedroom!)
This is a better rendition of the sock colors-much more orange1
These are made with Hawthorne yarn,
dyed by me.
A pair of socks perfect for the Fall.
 Unfortunately, as we hit record temperatures for us, our a/c unit has breathed its last!
We are not used to the house being hot! 
 The ceiling fans are keeping the house bearable, just.
The curtains are drawn, the fans going, glasses of ice water
 will keep me company in the studio today!
  Here is another bias cowl of silk which is at its halfway mark!
  A good knit!
I hope you have a good day, too!
(I'm late with this post because I slept in-what a delight!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! AC troubles are no fun. The socks are lovely. Bravo for the dye job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no ..... the heat even broke little Lena!!!

    Hope you get a new A/C soon. Heat and humidity in Florida is brutal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many weeks out of the year do you actually get to wear socks? LOL! Lovely pair. Hope the AC is back on soon. We've done no AC in Daytona in the middle of July too many times. Lightning loves to strike the units on the top of the condo. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are glorious. I slept in too today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dyed the yarn for the socks? You did a great job. No pooling!
    We don't have AC, but ceiling fans keep the house reasonable most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks and the sleeping kitty. Sorry that your AC unit bit the dust. I hope it is repaired quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the AC, it is horrid here but at least we are not under 5 feet of water.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...