Sunday, September 2, 2018

Almost

 The knitting is finished but the tank top isn't....
I crocheted around the edges per pattern instruction but I am not sure it is going to stay.  
The hem maybe but the armhole and neckline has to be ripped back.
 See this?  Too many stitches were picked up so that the edging doesn't lay flat.  Not attractive!
And it makes the armhole gap-while the front lays flat, the whole armhole needs a bit of taming.
I am thinking I didn't listen to myself on the last tank
 and ended up ripping it back to work an Icord edge
so  I might do that for the armholes and neckline on this one, too.
I'm pretty sure I will keep the hem in this crochet edge because it does lay flat
 and is a very pretty design feature!  
To be continued!

6 comments:

  1. I hate picking up stitches for armholes and necklines. It always takes me several tried to get it right.
    That hem is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will be happier with an icord edge on the armholes and neckline. I love the hem edging: it's elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that crochet edge looks pretty! but you could also rip out the basic crochet, put less stitches in and add a narrower lace edge along the arm holes and neck? I sometimes do that with t-shirts that look a bit bare... alternatively I have done some with bias tape (fabric) and a flounce of the same fabric at the bottom... of course you could also knit your own bias tape?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I have to finish off an edge with crochet, I make mom do it.. .she's so much better at it than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the I-cord edging you did on the other top. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...