Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Forward Ho!

 Mondays are pretty busy coming and going days so by the time I get done with the house cleaning,
there's not a lot of crafting time! 
 I did at least iron all the units I pieced last week and started setting them up for blocks-
now I can grab one and sew it together when I have 2 minutes!
Last night when I stitched the first larger block on the Starry Splendor, 
I found at the end of the stitching that the bobbin thread was causing loops on the back because it wasn't set right in the case!
I then spent 20 minutes un-sewing--by then I had used up my little window of stitching! 
 Grrrr.
Can you picture me under it trying to snip bobbin threads-
well, I was until it came to me to wind the quilt forward
 so I could then see the stitches on the top roller and not do aerobics to unstitch it! 
 Sigh.
Here's a laugh for you-for a week, 
the cats have been sitting under this wreath/clock staring at it.
I thought they were all checking on the time but this morning while sitting alone at the dining room table during a quiet moment,
(how unusual!)
I heard scritching behind me.
When I realized it was up in the wreath, 
I saw a chameleon tale waving above the eucalyptus leave!
So that is where the little guy went when I tried to save him from a cat last week!
(We don't have trouble with our cats bringing us mice-
they bring us lizards!)
Bill says he must be happy leave him--
uh, no.
He goes, wreath and all!

9 comments:

  1. A lizard in the wreath - lol. I'd be getting rid of it too. Nice colorful pieces in your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how cats can find the smallest thing. I know if Giroux is STARING at something, I'd better get up and figure out what it is. LOL

    Sorry to hear about the UN-sewing you had to do. It's frustrating. Getting all that sewing barf cleaned up takes SO much time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That new quilt is hurting my heart. I want it so badly but realistically it would just go in the kit stash. It really is gorgeous. I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. Be gone! The cats have had enough fun with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much progress on all things crafty! Aw the poor lizard! Well, better outside where he can catch insects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lizard in the wreath could inspire a fun children's story - complete with your own illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys are constantly bringing lizards into my house, I can't stand it! I find them dead or barely alive and I try to rescue them but often it is too late. I keep yelling at the boys for this but they look at me all innocently with their big eyes and frankly are forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Well, at least it’s not squirrels living in your walls that have so fascinated your cats...and I’m glad the lizard didn’t leap onto you as you sat!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...