Monday, September 17, 2018

A Quilt on the Wall

 The binding is on the lap blanket and it is even washed and dried and added to the donation pile!
It is so warm in the house, I didn't even try it out on my lap first!
 The ocean meander shows up nicely now that it is ''textured'!
 I remembered to add the label , too.
Here is the machine knitting swatch-it is large 30 needles by 45 rows
 to give me a good idea of the fabric for a sweater.  
What a funny project for this heatwave but cooler temperatures will come someday!  
Two little boys will have pullovers pretty quickly, I think!
This will be a good lesson for me and a break for you and the cowls! lol

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Your quilt is gorgeous, love the coastaly colours!
    I had the opportunity to have a bit of knitting machine instruction at a yarn festival a month or so ago, lots of fun, so fascinating to watch.
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture on that quilt. It looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pantograph you used is perfect for the batik fabric. I love the texture and crinkles in the quilt - cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm now Im curious about machine knitting...and math

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful texture on that quilt! And the knit fabric looks so smooth and cozy! Hard to imagine they will need it with the current weather! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty quilt. It would be hard to part with that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...