Friday, August 24, 2018

Sweet Attractions!

 This is a busy spot in my front yard!
It is the blossom of a Queen palm!
 It is covered with honeybees!  Not something we take for granted in our region.
 The 'blossom' is 24" long so is quite a stunning display!
 Today is picture day at school;   Will woke up with a cold-Ethan did share his afterall!
I made another hat-I have enough yarn to make two more I think!
 And I not only finished the Lily dishcloth, I started the second one to use up that skein of yarn.
Not practical but it is pretty!
 And something I have wanted to correct for some time now-I didn't like the rib I put on the cotton sweater so I ripped it out -both armholes and the neckline.
 And then I  knit the I-cord edging instead!  I don't know why I didn't do this in the first place!

8 comments:

  1. Those Queen palms are oh-so-pretty, but oh-so-messy when they start dropping the flowers over your walk way. LOL (Ask me how I know!)

    Hope Will is feeling better soon. So nice of his brother to SHARE. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Lily dishcloth. Add a bar of scented soap, and it would be a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh all those darn germs get a big kick out of kids getting put together in desks and school rooms. !!! Happens every year. Love your dishcloth. SOrry you had to frog but its worth it. Looks great. THose edges make a huge difference between homemade and handmade

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dishcloth turned out to be beautiful!!!
    Feel better. The Mister just took himself off to the Drs. to see about a sore throat he can't shake. He's been sneezing up a storm too. I hope it's just a virus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That palm is gorgeous!! The hat is adorable, sorry for the under weather guy, and yay for redos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with i-cord edging.
    That doesn't even look like a dishcloth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have three palms like that in our front yard, the flowers do attract the bees which I love but boy is there a big mess when it starts to wilt. Enjoy your weekend, hope you all stay well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...