Friday, June 7, 2019

Now What?!

 Begonia Sweater
KnitPicks Stroll yarn-3.3 skeins
#6 needles 
Lessons--I find the yoke construction doesn't fit me as well as sweaters with set-in sleeves;
the yoke tops hang and grow so the neckline stretches when it is worn a while.
Cool construction-the raglan seams are WIDE-they are done with 13 sts between decreases 
which is very unusual.
The ribbing makes this sweater very squishy and has a nice fit.
THAT SAID-
I might rip parts out and make the yoke differently;
I will lose the raglan portion and make set in sleeves 
and the front and backs will be classic style with shoulder seams....
I have until winter to work the bugs out of my ideas!
In the meantime, I have started a blanket using the log cabin method!
Easy and a nice project to do in between projects--
I have nothing on the needles right now!

11 comments:

  1. At least with bottom up, you don't lose all your work redoing the yoke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knitting yoke sweaters, but they never fit me properly either:( what a change to the colour in the photos though from the last entry! I hope you can figure out the changes, because the sweater does look lovely!
    and hopefully the new treatment will work better as well - getting rid of constant pain is such a relief! how is your rib in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beauty. I have no doubt that you'll be able to create the fit you desire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful sweater on you, but you're right, you know what fits you and the fun with making your own is you can make it how you want it. I love the bottom part.
    The log cabin looks like lots of fun too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the blanket done on the machine too?

    I think the sweater looks nice, but I think you'll wear it more if it fits well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great but comfort is everything. I had a cotton sweater once that was so pretty but every time I had it on it felt like it was falling off my shoulders. It got ripped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!! I hear you on the yoke fit, it's not my favorite, but I love colorworked yoke patterns!!! I am sure you will have that sweater whipped into shape by winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes You do! The Log cabin!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...