Sunday, July 14, 2019

Just a Beginner After All!


 The day began well with the seaming of all of these blocks
and then adding the borders!
 I immediately loaded it onto the frame and began the pantograph quilting.
Once I had that established, I was ready to dig into the new knitting machine!
It was a rude awakening to learn that I am, alas, a BEGINNER on this machine.
There was no way I was going to be able to cast on and take off!
I knew what I was supposed to do but learning all of the buttons, dials 
and levers was a stretch of my mental faculties!
It didn't help to run into a real problem (which I assumed was my inexperience )
 but was actually a part that was slightly misaligned and several hours later, I figured that out!  
Once tapped into place ( I resisted taking a hammer to it at that point!)
 the carriage smoothly moved across the ribber part of the knitting 
like it was supposed to finally!  
Here is one little baby sleeve blocking.  
The second one is one the machine now but I ran out of time!
I left myself a note so I would know where to begin because I wasn't trusting it to memory!

10 comments:

  1. Every new gadget has it's learning curve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The borders are perfect for the top! And don't sweat the machine, you will master it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes my eyes go cross just thinking about figuring out your new machine.
    The quilt is so pretty. Those colors are so happy. It reminds me I need to go dig out my fun colored summer table toppers. These dog days are getting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be frustrating to adjust to a new machine. I know you'll master it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for you figuring out that very complex looking machine. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that quilt. It's SO happy. The knitting machine looks way too complicated for me. I think I'll stay with my two sticks. :-)
    Blessines,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt . You are the only machine knitter i know!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how fast you put that quilt together. And it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to slow down on something when we are used to going a million miles an hour!! Glad you conquered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice quilt! It sounds like you have a long arm? Congrats on figuring out the knitting machine; did you keep the other one? They certainly complete things at an impressive rate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...