Friday, July 5, 2019

Friday Feline and FO's

The blanket is progressing wonderfully except for the feline foundation weighing it down!
(No, I am not stabbed with the crochet hook;
I merely set it in the blanket so I could take the selfie! lol
Look what is finished!  T
The vest was such a garter stitch pleasure to knit-
side to side so the shaping was very easy and with the help of stitch markers,
very easy to replicate the shaping on the second half!
(Worsted weight yarn on #8 needles.)
And it is done before the birthday next week!
(I do need to pick up some buttons, though!)
Speaking of birthdays, I worked on these Wool-Free Socks on the machine-
one sock done on one day and another on the second --and voila, 
Here is the pair!  These are for another birthday next week, too!
I would buy the yarn again--it is soft.
The only thing I wonder about is how well they will keep their shape.
Sometimes, yarn lacking wool get baggy.
And I leave you with these flowers-
angel trumpets are doing their thing.
And so are the tiger lilies!
(these are the seeds I brought back from NY from my parents' plants!)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like Little Lena has claimed your blanket as her own.

    The socks are so cheery.

    Wishing you a happy birthday ( a little early). Hope you have a great pre-birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena looks so comfy! I agree with Dee. It's her blanket now!
    The vest looks fabulous and so do the socks
    The only non-wool socks I've had luck with are cotton/elastic ones. I can't remember what the yarn was. It was horrible to knit with so I gave it to mom to put through her sock machine. They are great socks now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your projects look fabulous, I especially like the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at sweet Lena. What a sweetheart who obviously loves that blanket. That vest is wonderful. Did you tell us the pattern and I forget? And those socks are wonderful and happy.
    Happy birthday week!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vest! love the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome vest! I've never tried knitting anything side to side. Was that difficult? Your other projects are nice, too. Looks like Miss Kitty has claimed one though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vest is amazing, love the stripes and the socks are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...