Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Mystical Lanterns FO

 I'm technically done but not sure I am pleased with the results.  I don't like the borders at the ends.  I will rip out the multitude of colors and leave the grey only and then outline the sides, too.
I thought about that before but looking at the picture here, my mind is made up!
 What an excellent pattern;  
a really relaxing crochet project.
I used scraps of worsted weight yarn and then some...
 I also watched 3 episodes of Death in Paradise to ply the first 8 ounces of the Masham wool roving.
Skein one for the TDF;
433 yards of fingering weight yarn.
This picture is a more accurate in color.
I will begin the second 8 ounces today!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful skein!! I can't believe you got that much done already. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystical lanterns almost makes me want to crochet...almost....

    Love your new skein - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn came out so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Vera said. I would love to do crochet mandalas and I'm guessing that isn't a good first project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now I wish I had finished my Mystical Lanterns blanket. Yours turned out so nice and will look lovely outlined in gray. Someday I may get mine back out again and persevere.
    Your skein of yarn is lovely. That is a beautiful color.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lantern finish is great. That took time and skill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish, but man, those curved edges would drive me crazy. I am way too symmetrical! Love the yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty blanket/throw. I love the name - Mystical Lanterns. I so admire those who spin yarn. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful blanket and a gorgeous skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What will you make with your new skein? You also crochet? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I like the changes you made on the afghan. The yarn is beautiful...love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket is gorgeous and I agree with you on the border. With the stripes at the end it looks busy, a solid border going all the way around would definitely finish the blanket in a nice way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...