Friday, July 19, 2019

Yarn and Fleece

 
 The first little shrug is completed;  it is a size 12 months.
I will start another one is size 2 years today for big sister!
It is a thin yarn but has a halo so it is going to be very soft to wear!
I fluffed up the washed fleece outside so I could pick out and shake out some vegetable material.
Today I will put it in the pot and dye it a light sage before I card it and spin it.
It takes a big of time but enjoyable every step on its way to becoming yarn!
This is one pound of Gulf Native Fiber.  
I have several skeins already spun from years past in natural
and two in light rose which I had dyed from Prickly Pear Cactus fruit 
so I think the sage will make a good complement for some colorwork knitting ahead!

8 comments:

  1. You described fiber madness perfectly! People always wonder why I bother with the messy parts of spinning. It's hard to explain the satisfaction you get from the whole sheep to shawl process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Bolero. And the fluff looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little shrug. It's perfect for a little one. I do miss every part of spinning. Thanks for taking us along with you as you process this one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fleece and gorgeous sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I see a beauty in light sage!! Yes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...