Thursday, July 11, 2019

Getting it Right Eventually!

All of the blocks for the first lap quilt are completed.
Now I have to make some calculations for the borders so I am sure 
I have enough fabric for my re-configurations!
(remember this kit was for one large quilt 
and I am making two lap quilts instead.)
And speaking of re-figuring;
I am making 7 more of the 'lanterns' to add another row to the blanket in yesterday's post.
I prefer symmetry and I hadn't realized I had ended with an odd row
so I am scrambling to find enough of the odds and ends to eke out another few blocks! 
 Look what was in bloom again!
In fact, there were 14 blooms all at the same time--which is at 11 pm and on until morning!
The Cereus plant is very happy with the hot and humid!

9 comments:

  1. Those kitty ears made me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even noticed the kitty ears. I had to go back and look.

    I remember the smell of those cereus plants. WOW! Your yard must smell GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so colorful in your world right now! Hope Bill's arm is all healed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty ears - lol

    So much color and more lanterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bloom, the nearly finished projects, AND the ears of your supervisor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors on the quilt and the blanket are wonderful. I love the combinations. I also love that you have a supervisor watching to make sure everything is done according to standards. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty quilt pattern! Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors in that quilt are delicious. I hope the cereus saves a bloom or two for me to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...