Wednesday, July 17, 2019

HumptyDumpty

 I'm taking along these newly machine knit pieces 
(all together, I've knit 2 right fronts, 1 left front, a back and 4 sleeves!) 
to sew together and then pick up and hand knit the ribbing
 all around the front, neck and bottom to make this little cropped baby sweater,  
at the hospital where Bill will be having his fourth surgery on that staph infected elbow!
Today they are grafting a skin flap to cover the wound
 and give the fragile elbow skin some beefing up 
so he won't rip it open when he can start to move around again in 4-6 weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well. Tell Bill we are sending healing thoughts his way and comfort for you while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed all goes well and you can finally put this adventure behind you. The baby sweater is perfect mind candy for those difficult days of sitting and waiting. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good project while you sit and wait. Gosh this whole ordeal has been LONG!! Hoping today's surgery goes perfectly and he will finally be REALLY healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo the sentiments of Dee, Vera and Debra. Prayers have already been prayed for Bill before I got out of bed this morning. I will continue throughout the day because I'm not sure what time the surgery is. Much love to you too my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've both been on my mind and in my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers the surgery went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's going to be a cute little shrug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...