Thursday, July 25, 2019

12 Days of Christmas Quilt!


 The quilt-a-long finishes today!
I managed to get the center of the quilt all sewn together so I am happy with my accomplishment!
I found several mistakes in the arrangement on my design wall 
which had to be ripped apart and repaired 
but I did end up leaving that moose in the upper left block! 
 It is good to have a humility block-especially when I used up every inch of the right fabric 
so I couldn't fix it, even if I wanted to! Ha!
 I am now making these Christmas tree blocks for the first pieced border.
There is also a checkerboard border that will go up the sides.
I will finish this up in the next week-by the end of July is the goal!
Thanks to Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict
for hosting this event!

10 comments:

  1. I love the center star. Reminds me of a compass rose.

    I'll will be using that term "humility" (in your case, block) stitch/row, for when I make an error I'm not going to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So glad the moose is staying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and I love the moose too! Like your use of Humility - lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely center medallion - love the trees and the checkerboard borders, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the hidden moose - it's like playing a Christmas game of Where's Waldo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous all by itself but with those borders....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I'm speechless. Your quilt top is gorgeous and I will definitely be remembering the "humility" saying for when I err...which is way too often. Now I have a reason. Humility!
    That sweet little moose is perfect.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is so striking! I love all of the crisp Christmas-tree-top-pointiness throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I say I love the moose int hat block, I think it is a well designed plan not a mistake. He is awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! I didn't manage to sew along, but I still want to make Sarah's quilt, it is just beautiful. I love the fabrics you chose too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SOME KNITTING TIME

I will be working on my sock knitting today since I will be in the waiting room for quite a while;   Bill is having surgery to remove his ga...