Monday, July 8, 2019

Knit Some Kindness

I have machine knit some burial buntings.
More are planned in girl colors.
 And I need to do the math for some matching hats.
Betsy shared the idea on her blog and was kind enough 
to share more information with me about their dimensions 
and gave me the link to a web page .

Now I know this is a sober subject but when she posted on her blog, 
I thought, "That is something I can do for my local hospital."  

Little did I know that our family would have need of one of these; 
delivering their 5 month old pre-born daughter, a little more than a week after Betsy posted.  
The funeral is today.  
She would fit in the smallest size.  
I wasn't able to knit for her 
but I can knit to comfort someone else going through this grief.

So knitter, always make time to knit for someone else;
to comfort however you can and to show kindness to the youngest 
who are among us for such a brief time.

9 comments:

  1. My sister delivered a full term still born many years ago and it still gives me chills to see those buntings. I had knit a beautiful yellow layette set anticipating the birth and with all the hubbub never thought to offer it up for burial at the tine-an oversight I regret to this day. I did knit a shawl once to donate to a hospital who was collecting them for grieving mothers. It took so much out of me that I never did another. Your buntings are precious and I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's such a terrible thing for a family to go through.
    Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sad, but very sweet. Hopefully these can give the families a small measure of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending sympathies for your families loss. Such a generous heart you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sorry when you told me of your families loss. You have all been in my prayers.
    Your buntings are so pretty and I know they will give a lot of comfort to families going through a similar loss. Thank you so much for sharing the information about them. Maybe others will decide to join in making a few for their local hospital.
    Wishing you much love and I'm giving you a huge "hug" right now.
    Love and Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your family's loss. The death of a child is terribly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a devastating event. I pray for the family's strength and resiliency at this sad time. Bless you for thinking of others and putting out a call to action.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my friend, my heart is heavy for all of you. Sending you love and support, and a few tears mixed in with all of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...