Sunday, July 7, 2019

Patriotic Results

 I had to dig deeply, but I found some short navy strips which I pieced 
but managed to eke out enough
to make the outer border for the lap quilt.
Nancy, you will recognize the center portions--I only have one left to use up!
(I will surround that one last panel with lots of star blocks 
for a  medallion style quilt near Veteran's Day!)
I used a star and banner panto pattern to quilt this in red/wh/blue thread
when I needed to stretch after doing a lot of spinning!

While I was working at the frame,
the embroidery unit was on the sewing machine so I could make this:
since I was behind on the July pillow project!
And at the end of the day,
I had a completed lap quilt-
even bound with a bias striped binding!
A very fitting end to this patriotic weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Whoa....so much done. And spinning too? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome lap quilt! And love the pillow for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. I like the little squares at each corner. You had a very "stitchy" weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly is an appropriate way to spend this weekend! Your quilting is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that pillow! i have a new survey up if interested

    ReplyDelete
  6. The star panto just adds that extra touch! WEll done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous. I love the pillow and the little squares in the corner of the quilt. You are amazing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, yes I do recognize the eagle panel. I haven't seen the companion flag block before. They look great together. I have a few more eagle blocks and need to get busy turning them into QOV.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...