Tuesday, July 9, 2019

TNT


I have been enjoying working on the hand embroidery.
The mermaid is finding shape and the stitches are pleasurable!
I did find some vintage floss, Glossilla-the instructions say to wash it with a few soap flakes, 
rub it between your hands and then rinse it well.  
After laying it between towels to remove most of the water,  one should iron the floss.
This guarantees a luster 'better than silk'!
I don't know about that, but it is a very textury floss for a mermaid's shimmery , er, bottom half!
I am plying the 8 oz of singles I have spun so far. 
 It is slow work at this stage but the results are very interesting!

7 comments:

  1. The Glossilla looks very interesting. If you wanted to, could you split out the plies like you can in DMC? It make a very nice sheen the way you have it stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that is some fascinating floss!!! It is really pretty. Perfect for mermaid scales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never heard of Glossilla before - very interesting and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glossilla is new to me as well. I do remember using soap flakes in the 60s though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mermaid is beautiful and I have never heard of glossilla. It makes a beautiful mermaid tail though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every once in a while I get the urge to embroider but I haven’t actually done it in years. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...