Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Sweet Visitors

 The tube for socks are machine knitted and I have separated them and knit the toes.
The last cuff is just started--very easy and enjoyable to knit the 'parts' to the tube!
I have yet to add the afterthought heel-that is next; 
 you need to knit the toes so you can measure the distance to the heel.
 Look who is blooming again!  The night blooming Cereus (or Dutchman's Pipe)
is making my front yard so aromatically appealing!
 And quite beautiful, too.  
There are two blooms right now with several more soon to follow!
 Look who else is here!!!
My Georgia peaches have stopped by for a quick visit this week!
We are savoring our time-here my daughter is also trying to capture the beauty of this flower
and my first granddaughter is checking out her camera skills!
She took over soon enough-
-and outdid herself with this close-up!
 Such detail--this is a very complex flower.
The tendrils on the outside of the flower pulls it open at night and pushes it shut come morning.
A single night of bloom-
how precious to savor the beauty.

7 comments:

  1. That flower is just too amazing. What luck to have the Grands to share it with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks and the flower! Does it just bloom for one night only?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating bloom. You must be thrilled to have the opportunity to share it with your daughter and grands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful flower. Isn't it amazing how each and every part of nature was created to work so intricately? I'm glad you were able to share it with your girls.
    Beautiful socks too! I'm almost to the toes of the pair I'm knitting. It always seems like a race to the finish line when I get to this point.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Cereus is just sooo cool. Having you as a bloggy pal is like having a little tropical garden of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Those socks scream notice me!!! And that flower gentle calls to you to notice it, just lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the Dutchman's pipe@!!! Exquisite. I wonder if i can grow it here? Off to look it up and hooray for familytime

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...