Wednesday, February 1, 2023

HAPPY BRRR FEBRUARY!

I watched a clever YouTube tutorial on how to make thses hearts (3") on the 22 needle Addi knitting mavhine and thought I could put some of the appropriate colors to use!  The are a quick knit.
I sprayed them  with water and then pinned them to the design wall and steamed them and gave them a good smash to flatten because they are made from acrylic and blocking isn't their favorite position!
They dried overnight and then I looped the yarn over a chain I made that was wider then the doorway of my home to hang them temporaily.  When I get home from this Nordic trip, I will hang them a la Tammy in a local park!  I can't wait!
For now, they will fill the doorway with the love I have for my home and all it encompasses....
And safely arrived for the birthday visit--no drama while traveling and that is saying a lot!  

 

7 comments:

  1. Those hearts are adorable! Glad your trip was uneventful! I hope it's not too cold for you. We were sitting at -12C this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hearts! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful visit! Being able to celebrate your Dad's 90th with both parents is such a blessing for all of you. Such precious memories to be made and cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! I am planning all kinds of embroidery heart projects, but maybe I should start on my rocking chair heart pillow! Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention. :) Seems to be a lot you can do with that knitting machine. I have made little garlands before and strung a few hearts for hanging across tree branches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...