Thursday, February 23, 2023

PUTTERING DAY

The baby sweater is finished-I will just add one button to the top.  I will whip off a hat this morning and mail it off with the quilt!
I wanted to wear the bottom necklace of natural amber but the elastic I had threaded it on popped--likewise the necklace on the top.  I guess that the elastic that is sold for threaded beads on lasts as long as rubber bands--just a few years!  I thread them both this time on silver wrapped thread.  This time it will last!
We repotted the Ficus tree;  it had outgrown its pot--the angle is funny here-the tree is over 6' tall and the pot is 2' tall. 
 This won't be tipping over anymore!
I had to go to the lab yesterday (it is located in a corner of WalMart) and when I was done, I bought some crochet cotton so that I could make the tote on the cover of this magazine!
It is made with a smaller hook to give the tote some firmness-
I might have to change that because it is harder to crochet 
but I am pleased with the look so far!  
 

9 comments:

  1. That’s a fun project! (Granny square tote) It is still fun to me every time I see the ficus being so happy in Florida! Nice sweater…is that gray/white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a very productive day. The baby sweater is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby sweater and the tote should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of fun to be had! I was just digging through all my old bead stuff to give it a good dusting. I need to make some stitch markers. Not that I need any but you can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater and the quilt are both adorable. A very lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute sweater. It will definitely keep a baby very warm and happy. The tote is fun too. Very retro. I see granny squares everywhere I look these days. I love to make them. Have fun with it!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been really busy! That is a HUGE ficus! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby sweater is so cute! Is there any craft you can't do? You are one talented gal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I know what you are making with those granny squares. :) We had a really huge ficus years ago before we moved to this apartment -- but it didn't like the change of environment at all. I wear my beaded bracelets a lot and they are stretching out and eventually breaking. I have a whole collection of beads from broken necklaces and bracelets. The baby sweater is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...