Saturday, February 11, 2023

PUTTERING AND PROGRESS

Bill 'rescued' this table and yesterday I decided it was going to get repaired or removed from the garage!  I tightened all of the joint screws and then painted the wrought iron.  I painted the top portion with grey paint and will now sand the top to give it a  driftwood look.  I think the legs need about 2" cut off so that the table is level with the window ledge.  There are rubber stoppers in the bottom so that I can replace them when the leg is sawed off.  I am pleased with the look!
When it began to rain, I decided to add the two rows of blocks (to the top and bottom) with the similar but different print.  Since the original 'kit' from QOV Day was for fewer rows, I have improvised with at least the top and bottom different but matching. 
I will piece the blocks and finish seaming all of the rows today.
I like the look of this--it is 56" by 72" when completed. 
 It will need borders to the sides 
because I like to make these quilts in a generous size.
I hope to apply the binding to the other QOV I finished recently. 
 It is supposed to rain again today
 so I need to make good progress on the piecing! 

4 comments:

  1. You sure have some interesting projects! I love the fabric you've chosen for the binding of the QOV quilt; it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me of all those wrought iron railings I need to be painting in the foyer. The paint's been sitting here for months but I keep finding one excuse after the other not to do it.
    That new quilt is amazing. I had to take a close look at the block to figure out how that all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you put me to shame with your productivity! Great save on the table, and I agree, a few inches shorter calms my OCD! LOL. Lovely hats and your top is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...