Monday, February 20, 2023

PLAYING WITH YARN

Here's something unusual-I cast on a new pair of socks for a change!  I usually make a pair a month but haven't knit any socks for a few months!  It is going well, though, 
and striped yarn is always pleasing to work with!
I also cast on for a newborn's sweater--I've made so many of these sweaters and I am doubting myself about the size--it is REALLY small.  I forget how tiny newborns can be!  
And I gave the intarsia-like crochet work a try-chosing to make just a sample from the pattern.  Other than not having enough contrast between the two colors for the star-I found I am glad I tried this kind of work but I will be checking this one off my list of skills and leaving it at that!  Too many strands to keep track of and ends to weave in! lol  But I did it!
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a tiny, tiny sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock yarn is so bright and cheerful. I've finished three pair so far this year and have a third pair on the needles. I've done a bit of intarsia in both knitting and crochet. And although I really do like the finished projects in both, it's just not worth the stress and lack of comfort to me. I play with yarn to relax, not stress. Some people seem so good at it that it seems like they are relaxed during the entire process.
    Take care and have a great Monday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the self-striping yarn! Pretty colors and a nice burst of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet little projects! I'm always the same way with baby patterns. If I don't have the baby in front of me I never think the size is right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new sock colors! I will be amazed at how small Rowdy is compared to Squish when he arrives! And will act like I don't know how to hold such a little one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...