Tuesday, February 21, 2023

TUMBLING TUESDAY

My first batch of tumbled rocks is finished!  What a thrill.  They are right on the table where I can see them
 each time I pass through!
Here is a close-up of the Lake Ontario rocks.
These are the Carnelian rocks I tumbled for my friend!
Here is what is going in the second batch--some petrifiedd wood and unknown others that the previous owners of this house
 left in a pile outside.
The second tub has these larger Lake Ontario rocks that I started last week.  I have the tubs marked for what grit they are on--#1 and this one is #2.  They each get one week on this stage.  
 

7 comments:

  1. The rocks are beautiful. It's hard to believe they're the same ones you started a few weeks ago. It's almost like magic when you open the tumbler isn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! What do you plan to do with them? Anything? Or just leave in a bowl as a display?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those rocks are quite pretty. Do you make things with the pretty rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job - they look great in the bowl. I thought of you yesterday when I purchased two rocks yesterday with words etched on them - “Hope” and “Peace.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was watching a show on Apple TV the other night and one of the main characters was tumbling rocks as a hobby. I think it was Shrinking with Harrison Ford but don't hold me to that. I can't remember anything anymore...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...