Tuesday, February 28, 2023

TUMBLING TUESDAY

Isn't this a pretty sight for the last day of February!?  The more rounded rocks on the left are some more from Lake Ontario.  The brown one on top and the ones on the right are some that are no completely know-two are petrified wood, one is chert and the others mysteries!  Fun stuff.  They are reloaded for week 3 for the lake rocks and week 2 for the mystery load.
My order of rocks arrived today!  Bill says he is feeling flummoxed over me paying for rocks!  Well, I did and I will be doing it some more until I get to a place where I can rockhound for myself!  These are from the Rock Shop, which has a great variety and wonderfully fair prices!  I bought some blue quartz, green quartz, Amazonite and a mixed bag!  You will be seeing more on them in the future!
And this is a great way to end the 'love' month--a blog friend sent some sock scraps for adding rows to my sock scraps blanket!  Just in time to finish up the row to make it wider!  Thank you!
 

7 comments:

  1. Dennis would be the same. Paying for rocks! Ha! They are pretty though, after polishing in your gadget.
    And how nice of your friend to send yarn. You can never have enough yarn in my humble opinion.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those packages of rocks bring back such memories. That's how they would ship them to us to use in our science kits in school. When we moved from our old school to our new school I got the job of cleaning and packing the science closet and I found boxes of those rock packages no one ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for sock yarn scraps! You’ll put them to good use. The flat round rocks would make wonderful “worry” stones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... just the words "Lake Ontario" make me rather nostalgic. You don't really think about how where you grew up shapes you. We are now 117 miles from Lake O. Thirty-three miles from Lake Erie, and 29 miles from the south end of Lake Huron. Dave is feeling very land-locked. Like me, he grew up on Lake O. (Mississauga for him, Hamilton for me), and spent his summers on Lake Erie (Long Point) with the odd excursion to Lake Huron (Wasaga Beach). I spent summers on Lake Huron (Owen Sound), with many, many excursions to Lake Erie to fish (Every where from Fort Erie to Long Point)

    I would have had soooooo much fun with a rock tumbler as a kid!
    I'm enjoying seeing all your projects and living vicariously

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocks are so fun, but I sure didn't know you could buy them! I love seeing your tumbling results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one you added was a raveled shawl that I reknit into a cowl. I love that yarn!!! Your rocks are gorgeous! And I love the new kit blocks, so much fun when you cut up 9 patches and resew them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...