Wednesday, March 1, 2023

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I had the pleasure of working at the lathe the other day!  I cut off all of the branches and bark to form a bowl from the crotch of this alder tree piece.  It felt good to let the chips fly again.
There are several interesting parts to this section which will be creative to work around to form this bowl.
I hope to mostly make it look like a 'fish bowl' 
but including the many features or imperfections!  
I also worked with Bill to set up this raised bed garded area for me to plant some vegetables-I will be planting today! 
 The perfect activity to do on March 1st!
 

5 comments:

  1. It will be exciting to watch the gardening experiment progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What veggies are you planning to grow? Looking forward to seeing the finished "fish bowl."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to figure out some kind of raised bed thing too. I just might have enough sun with the trees we took down to grow something. A few tomato plants would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I'm hoping to start some seeds this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. About this time every year, this old farm girl gets the “itch” to get my hands dirty and dig in the soil. Few things are more satisfying than growing and nurturing plants.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...