Wednesday, March 29, 2023

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY!

I have had this bowl on the lathe for too long--I kept having trouble with the tenon chipping and letting the bowl go.  I took it off and rearranged the bottom and then carved out 
the scoop of the bowl!  
It felt good to work at the lathe again!  I then sanded it inside and out and put on two coats of the SealCoat.  Today, I will be putting the final finish on it and take it off the lathe after I remove the tenon.  Here's hoping for a successful finsh all the way around! lol
We had a T-storm roll up tonight so I sat and played with the Diamond Dotz and made another coaster!

 

4 comments:

  1. There's a guy on YouTube I think called justinwood and I've been watching him make stuff on his lathe. It really is fascination to watch the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a beautiful and unique bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still just as intrigued by the bowls as I was when you first started! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely sheen is on that bowl. I applaud your fixing on the pants, my issue with pants are the low rise fit, which is even lower when you are taller than the average Misses pants size. So I always feel like I am loosing my pants! But I just don't take the time to deepen the rise. Maybe I need to fiddle with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...