Wednesday, March 29, 2023

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY!

I have had this bowl on the lathe for too long--I kept having trouble with the tenon chipping and letting the bowl go.  I took it off and rearranged the bottom and then carved out 
the scoop of the bowl!  
It felt good to work at the lathe again!  I then sanded it inside and out and put on two coats of the SealCoat.  Today, I will be putting the final finish on it and take it off the lathe after I remove the tenon.  Here's hoping for a successful finsh all the way around! lol
We had a T-storm roll up tonight so I sat and played with the Diamond Dotz and made another coaster!

 

4 comments:

  1. There's a guy on YouTube I think called justinwood and I've been watching him make stuff on his lathe. It really is fascination to watch the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a beautiful and unique bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still just as intrigued by the bowls as I was when you first started! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely sheen is on that bowl. I applaud your fixing on the pants, my issue with pants are the low rise fit, which is even lower when you are taller than the average Misses pants size. So I always feel like I am loosing my pants! But I just don't take the time to deepen the rise. Maybe I need to fiddle with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

STAGES OF THINGS

All the blocks for this quilt are made but not organized or sewn together.  The blocks are 9" unfinished so the quilt will be around 50...