Sunday, March 19, 2023

TRIMMING

I trimmed the motifs apart for the SteamPunk quilt blocks.  I could use plain fabric between the blocks or I could buy some coordinating fabric from this line.  I will think about it for a while.
I did dig right in to putting the grey triangles onto two opposite corners of the charm pieces to start off the Mini Petals quilt.
And the hard part for the panel has been done--
trimming it to the right dimensions 
so that you can surround it with blocks that will fit!
  In this case, it is 42 1/2" by 24 1/2 " because both numbers can be divided by 2, 3, 4 and 6 to give me
 a good variety of block choices!  
 

6 comments:

  1. Fun beginnings! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panel almost looks like one of your little water colour paintings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trimming is scary. I am terrible at quilting math. I never get it right. I would rather steek a sweater than try to figure out the size to cut fabric for a quilt. That's why I usually stick to other people's patterns and let them do the work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that panel! The quilting maths would do my head in, well done for working it out!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed! You do such great work.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That panel brought back fun memories of a family gathering at a beach house in California. There were even chairs like these. It will be fun to see this finished quilt! Did you make those motifs?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...