Friday, March 10, 2023

STEPPING UP!

I'm ten days late to the start of the Shop Hop but I will be making up for it over the next few weeks!  There are at least a dozen shops that are within a reasonable drive (1 1/2 hours) to snag the shop 'Patch' and enjoy the extras each shop works at providing!  
I started this yesterday and will finish the second coat on the grey treads today--oh, yeah, there is a second set of stairs just like this one!  Twice the fun!  I wore knee pads-a real life saver because you do't get to stand up the whole time you are painting!
I picked up this block to finish it-I have another repeat before I will be adding it to the finished pile!
And I am adding a few blocks a day to the cotton granny square tote project; it is slow going but pleasurable just the same. 

I don't have a Friday Feline picture but let me tell you a story;
about 4am I was awakened by a strange cat meow and having said cat run over my body while I was sound asleep was a rather rude awakening!  I jumped up and chased it out of my room and met Bill in the middle of the house as he had chased it and lost it in the dark!  We turned on lights and chased it outside!  This same cat did this several months ago (Bill hosed it and we hadn't seen it again) and it is upsetting to all of us (Bill, me and the 3 girls)!!!  Bill has locked the cat doors for the night and hopefully, that will keep him from his nighttime visits.  The worst part of his visits.....he is an unneutered male and he sprays-there is no smell quite like it unless you compare him to a skunk!
So needless to say, being awakened with an adrenaline surge and trying to ignore the house stinking...it was hard to get back to sleep! 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a way to be awoken from sleep. You are always so very productive in all ways. Have fun shop hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy person, that's for sure! A strange cat in the house is not a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fun way to wake up.

    Enjoy the shop hop. Florida is a big state to try to hit all of those shops and I imagine most of them are concentrated up north and out towards the panhandle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! That would scare me to death. Adrenaline surge for sure!
    The shop hop sounds like a lot of fun. I want to see if I can find a fiber event anywhere near me this year. I haven't been to one in years and never a big one.
    The stairs look great. I like the gray treads. We did the same in one of our homes. It always looks so neat and clean.
    Have fun with your projects. Love them all. I'm still knitting away on the Christmas stockings.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man - Dave would have a cow if we had a strange cat waking us up and spraying in the house (not to mention what the boys would do!!!)
    I love them to death, but there's no denying, wild ones can be a real nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mister and I were just having a disagreement over whether people have kitty doors. My neighbor has a doggy door and The Mister swears cats wouldn't use it. Well, you settled that argument. I found that laundry soap mixed with water was the best thing I found to rid the house of that male kitty stink and I tried everything. We had a stray male wander in one day and "bless" our house also a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That sounds like a scary visitor. Have a fun time at the shop hop. That sounds like a perfect way to enhance your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...