Saturday, March 11, 2023

TWO BIG FINISHES!

Last night I finished binding off on block #10-only two more to go and I will be stitching them all together for a lap robe! (I know it is wobbly-it is unblocked but once sewn in with its mates,
it  will be flat!)
The  little pops of cables against the background of purl and slippedd stitches was a new combination of stitches for me to learn.  It is certainly texture rich!
 And I finished the two sets of stairs-here is the view from the top down!  I like the view from the bottom up-
--the contrast turned out just the way I had hoped!  Being a loyal mom, I used Behr Paint because my son is a Sales Rep for them!  It's easy to pick up right at Home Depot!
And today-----I am home!  Look out studio, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I love my painted stairs. I should have done that years ago. They are so easy to keep clean. So far the paint has held up really well which surprises me. I thought I would have to be touching them up all the time from chips and scratches but haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We plan do do something similar with our stairs, though Im going to do dark brown tops! And probably Behr paint, because it's certainly durable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Love the little cables on the block. The stairs look nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty little cables on that square. Great job! Also on the stairs. I love the contrast too. We use Behr paint, well, we used to when we owned our homes. It still seems strange to be a renter after 45 years! Anyway, Behr always held up well for us and washed easily too if the walls got fingerprints.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...